After Effects CC 2022: How To Use Venetian Blinds
This tutorial will show you how to add and use the Venetian Blinds Effect in Adobe After Effects CC 2022. This effect can be used as a transition to reveal layers underneath or as a standalone effect on a graphic such as a logo or a shape. The Venetian Blinds is versatile and can be used in a variety of creative ways, so keep this one in your motion toolbox.
Adobe After Effects CC 2022 (Click To Try or Buy)
Add a new solid layer: Cmd/Ctrl + Y
How To Use The Venetian Blinds Effect:
- Open Composition with Video Layer
- Add a solid layer (Cmd/Ctrl + Y) as background ( or add a background layer of choice)
- Add a logo or graphic layer above the background layer
- Add another solid layer (Cmd/Ctrl + Y) on the top layer
- Go to Effects & Presets and search for ‘Venetian’ under the Transitions category
- Drag Venetian Blinds on top of Solid Layer
- Drag playhead to the beginning of the timeline
- Click the stopwatch next to ‘Transition Completion’ set to 0%
- Drag playhead to 1 second
- Change the ‘Transition Completion’ amount to 100%
- Press the Spacebar to Preview
- Change the width to 50 (or your preference)
- You can animate the Direction using the same technique as ‘Transition Completion’
- Have fun with this effect!
Questions, Comments, Feedback?
My Gear List:
My Amazon Store:
My YouTube Channel: