Things 3: How To Fix App Store Not Updating
Solids Folder Basics
This tutorial will teach you how to fix an issue where the productivity app, Things3 cannot be updated from the Mac OS App Store.
You click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of your Mac.
You see an ‘App Store Update’ and Things 3 is listed with an update available.
You click ‘Update’ and the progress meter spins and spins, but the app never updates no matter how many times you try.
There is an easy fix! (see below)
What is Things 3?
A personal to-do and task management app for Mac & iOS
Things 3 on the Mac App Store (Click To Try or Buy)
How To Fix if Things 3 is not updating in the Mac OS App Store:
- Turn on and sign in to your Mac desktop or laptop
- Open Activity Monitor found in the Utility folder in Applications
- Search for ‘Things’
- Highlight ‘ThingsWidgetExtension’
- Click the ‘X’ in the top menu bar
- Click on ‘Force Quit’
- Click on the Apple icon in the top left corner
- Click on ‘App Store’
- Click on ‘Update’ next to Things 3
- Things 3 should now update with no issues. 👍