The gear, tools & services I use to run my content creation business.
Affiliate Disclosure: Mike Murphy LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. In addition to Amazon, some links on this website and on the Resource Page are affiliate links meaning if you click on the link and make a purchase, then I may earn a commission
Keep track of Show Settings, RSS Feed URL, Podcast Directory URLs, Social Media Links and more.
- 8-Page PDF
- Notion Template
- For podcasters and show admin
- One document for podcast details
- Why WordPress.com for podcasting?
- Learn how to launch a podcast
- Post-Launch Strategy
- Library of learning resources
Tools & Services
Business & Security
1Password: The best password manager. Period.
Authy: The awesome tool I use for 2-factor authentication
Backblaze: Peace of mind back-up. $7/month unlimited.
Bartender: Mac utility to keep Menu Bar Clean
Calendly: Scheduling tool that integrates with Google Calendar.
Daisy Disk Handy Mac app to recover disk space.
Google Workplace: A must-have for all businesses.
Nord VPN (61% off): Safe web browsing on public WiFi.
Text Expander: Snippet Tool using keyboard shortcuts
Transmit 5: FTP Mac app I use to access the backend of websites.
Trust & Will: Create a Digital Will (10% off following link)
Creator Tools (Adobe)
Adobe Creative Cloud: My ‘everything’ creative toolbox
- After Effects: I use this to make animations and motion graphics.
- Audition: For all things recording and audio editing.
- Character Animator: Fun and powerful character animation tool
- Fresco: Digital painting & drawing app
- Illustrator: I use to create vector graphics
- InDesign: I use for podcast episode artwork
- Lightroom: My photo editor of choice
- Photoshop: My go-to digital creativity tool
- Premiere Pro: When I get ‘serious’ about a video.
Writing & Productivity
Apple Notes: My brain-dump Inbox.
Bear: Great for markdown and formatted notes
CleanShot X: Great Mac-only utility for taking screenshots.
DayOne: Journaling App
Medium: The internet blog where I write how-to articles
MindNode: Mind-mapping utility
Notion: The all-purpose tool I use to create cheatsheets, checklists, SOPs, etc.
ProCreate: The best iPad app for creating digital artwork. Hands down
Scrivener 3: Writing app of choice.
Storyboarder: Free storyboarding app that’s pretty awesome for organizing tutorials and classes.
Things 3: My to-do app of choice and tutorial idea bank
Ulysses: Writing app. Excellent, but Scrivener is my favorite.
Divi by Elegant Themes: The incredible WordPress theme I use.
GoDaddy: Where I buy way too many domains.
Pretty Links: Plugin I use to create branded affiliate links.
SiteGround (Hosting): My website host. Highly recommend.
Sucuri: Firewall & Malware protection for website.
WordPress.Org: The CMS I use for my website.
Podcasting & Audio Gear
- Acoustic Foam Tiles (12-pack) 12x12x2 ($26.99 on Amazon)
- Canare L-4E6S Star Quad XLR Cables ($34 on Amazon | $22 on BH Photo)
- Cloud Microphones CloudLifter CL-1 Mic Activator ($149 on Amazon)
- Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 3rd Gen USB Audio Interface ($249 on Amazon)
- Headphone Hook Holder Hanger Mount ($12.99 on Amazon)
- MEE audio M6 PRO Musicians’ In-Ear Monitors ($49 on Amazon)
- OnStage Microphone Ball-head Accessory ($12.99 on Amazon)
- On-Stage 6″ Microphone Gooseneck ($8.95 on Amazon)
- RODE PSA 1 Microphone Boom Arm ($99 on Amazon)
- RODECaster Pro Cover ($49 on B&H Photo)
- RODECaster Pro Audio Interface ($599 on Amazon)
- RodeCaster Pro XLR Colored Rings ($10 on B&H Photo)
- Samson Q2U USB/XLR Dynamic Microphone ($69 on Amazon)
- Shure SM7B Vocal Dynamic Microphone for Broadcast ($399 on Amazon)
- Shure SM58 Dynamic Microphone ($99 on Amazon)
- Shure Extension Tube for SM7B Mics ($9 on Amazon)
- Shure Mic Clip for SM57/58/86/87-by- ($7 on Amazon)
- Shure Replacement Windscreen for SM7B ($14.99 on Amazon)
- Sony MDR-7506 Headphones ($98 on Amazon)
- Zoom H6 Handy Recorder ($349 on Amazon)
Photo, Video & Lighting
- Aputure 120D II LED Light ($500 on Amazon)
- Aputure Amaran AL-MC LED Lights x2 ($99 on Amazon)
- Aputure Lantern Softbox (2.2′) ($89 on Amazon)
- Aputure Light Dome II Softbox ($219 on Amazon)
- BenQ Monitor Light ($109 on Amazon)
- Canon EOS M50 Mark II + 15-45mm Lens ($699 on Amazon)
- Canon EF-M 22mm f2 STM ($249 on Amazon)
- Elgato Green Screen ($159 on Amazon)
- Impact Rolling Light Stand ($149 on B&H Photo)
- Jusmo Camera Desk Mount ($47 on Amazon)
- Logitech Brio 4K Webcam ($149 on Amazon)
- Lume Cube Edge LED Desk Light ($119 on Amazon)
- Manfrotto 244 Friction Magic Arm x2 ($145/ea. on Amazon)
- Manfrotto 035RL Super Clamp ($35 on Amazon)
- Manfrotto LUMIMUSE 8 LED Light ($93 on Amazon)
- Neewer Quick Release Plate QR Clamp ($19.95 on Amazon)
- Philips Hue Premium Smart Bulbs ($69 on Amazon)
- Sigma 16mm f/1.4 Lens ($368 on Amazon)
- SmallRig Mini Ball Head ($30 on Amazon)
- Wanby Articulating Friction Magic Arm ($18 on Amazon)
Tech & Accessories
- Anker USB C Charger (150W) ($120 on Amazon)
- Apple 14″ M1 Max MacBook Pro ($3499 on Apple)
- Apple 10.9-inch iPad Air Wi-Fi 256GB ($749 on Apple)
- Apple Magic Keyboard + Number Pad ($129 on Amazon)
- BlackMagic Atem Mini Pro ($499 on Amazon)
- CalDigit Thunderbolt 4 Element Hub ($249 on Amazon)
- Elgato Stream Deck ($130 on Amazon)
- Elgato 4K CamLink ($113 on Amazon)
- Felt Desk Pad ($19 on Amazon)
- Ergotron VESA Monitor Desk Mount ($189 on Amazon)
- GodSpin Vertical Laptop Stand for Desk ($29.99 on Amazon)
- iPhone Metal Tripod Mount ($27.99 on Amazon)
- iPhone Stand for MagSafe Charger ($17.99 on Amazon)
- iPhone Stand for MagSafe Charger ($13.99 on Amazon)
- Labeler (Self-Laminating) ($16.37 on Amazon)
- LG UltraFine 5K Display ($1295 on Amazon)
- Logitech MX Masters Mouse ($99 on Amazon)
- Logitech MX Keys Mini for Mac ($99 on Amazon)
- Microphone Stand Rack Tray for StreamDeck ($14.99 on Amazon)
- OWC Thunderbolt 4 Dock ($299 on Amazon)
- Samsung T5 Portable SSD 1TB ($119 on Amazon)
- Samsung T7 Shield 1TB SSD Drive ($99 on Amazon)
- Tetzia Foldable Laptop Desk Stand ($25 on Amazon)
- Under Desk Cable Management Tray ($24.95 on Amazon)
- Wali Tray Desk Mount for RodeCaster Pro ($45.99 on Amazon)
- Whoosh! Screen Cleaner used in Apple Stores ($19 on Amazon)
Cables & More
- Alestor Surge Protector with USB Ports ($19 on Amazon)
- Apple USB-C to Magsafe 3 Cable (2 m) ($49.99 on Amazon)
- Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter ($69 on Amazon)
- Apple USB-C to USB Adapter x2 ($19/ea. on Amazon)
- Apple USB-C to 3.5 mm Headphone Adapter ($8 on Amazon)
- Anker USB C to USB 3.0 for Logitech Brio ($15 on Amazon)
- Belkin Surge Power Strip Protector ($38.99 on Amazon)
- Cable Matters Ultra Thin HDMI Cable 2-pack ($17.99 on Amazon)
- Canon M50 II Dummy Battery ($18.99 on Amazon)
- Canon M50 II Micro HDMI to HDMI for ($11 on Amazon)
- Fender Deluxe 10′ Instrument Cable – Tweed ($19.99 on Amazon)
- Furman PST-6 Line Conditioner ($88 on Amazon)
- Rode USB-C to USB-C for RodeCaster Pro ($19 on B&H Photo)
- Rode TRRS to TRRS for RodeCaster Pro ($29 on Amazon)
- Smolink Cat8 Ethernet Cable ($25 on Amazon)
- StarTech.com 6ft (2m) HDMI 2.1 Cable 8K ($29 on Amazon)
- StarTech.com 3ft USB C Cable Data Cable ( ($25 on Amazon)
- UGREEN HDMI Cable 4K Braided ($14.99 on Amazon)
- USB C to Ethernet Adapter ($19.99 on Amazon)
- Y-Cable Splitter (3.5mm to 2x 1/4″ Mono) ($16 on Amazon)
- Zoom H6 (5v) AC DC Adapter Compatible with ($13.99 on Amazon)
- Another Roadside Attraction, Tom Robbins (Amazon)
- Anything You Want, Derek Sivers (Amazon)
- As The Crow Flies, Jeffrey Archer (Amazon)
- Awareness (Amazon)
- Breakfast of Champions, Kurt Vonnegut (Amazon)
- Building A Story Brand, Donald Miller (Amazon)
- Crushing It, Gary Vaynerchuk (Amazon)
- Eat That Frog, Brian Tracy (Amazon)
- Essentialism, Greg McKeown (Amazon)
- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Hunter S. Thompson (Amazon)
- Healing Back Pain, John Sarno (Amazon)
- How To Podcast on WordPress. com, Mike Murphy (Amazon)
- How To Win Friends and Influence People, Dale Carnegie (Amazon)
- Ikigai by Hector Garcia (Amazon)
- I Will Teach You To Be Rich, Ramit Sethi (Amazon)
- Jab, Jab, Right Hook, Gary Vaynerchuk (Amazon)
- Kane & Abel, Jeffrey Archer (Amazon)
- Of Mice and Men, John Steinbeck (Amazon)
- One Hundred Years of Solitude, Gabriel Garcia Marquez (Amazon)
- On Writing: A Memoir of a Craft, Stephen King (Audible)
- Principles, Ray Dalio (Amazon)
- Saves the Cat! Writes a Novel (Amazon)
- Siddhartha, Herman Hesse (Amazon)
- Still Life With Woodpecker, Tom Robbins (Amazon)
- StoryWorthy, Matthew Dicks (Amazon)
- The 4-Hour Workweek, Tim Ferriss (Amazon)
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, Steven Covey (Amazon)
- The Alchemist, Paulo Coelho (Amazon)
- The Almanack of Naval Ravikant (Free)
- The Catcher in the Rye, JD Salinger (Amazon)
- The Courage To Be Disliked, Ichiro Kishimi (Amazon)
- The E-Myth Revisited, Michael Gerber (Amazon)
- The Four Agreements, Don Miguel Ruiz (Amazon)
- The Latte Factor, David Back (Amazon)
- The Power of Now, Eckhart Tolle (Amazon)
- The War of Art, Steven Pressfield (Amazon)
- To Kill A Mockingbird, Harper Lee (Amazon)
- Tools of Titans, Tim Ferriss (Amazon)
- Travels with Charley in Search of America, John Steinbeck (Amazon)
- Vagabonding, Rolf Potts (Amazon)
- You Are A Badass, Jen Sincero (Amazon)
- What to Say When You Talk to Your Self, Shad Helmstetter (Amazon)
- Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, Robert Pirsig (Amazon)