The gear, tools & services I use to run my content creation business.
Affiliate Disclosure: Mike Murphy LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. In addition to Amazon, some links on this website and on the Resource Page are affiliate links meaning if you click on the link and make a purchase, then I may earn a commission
Introduction To Adobe Audition
Check out my new Domestika Course:
Introduction To Adobe Audition: Learn From Scratch
Keep track of Show Settings, RSS Feed URL, Podcast Directory URLs, Social Media Links and more.
- 8-Page PDF
- Notion Template
- For podcasters and show admin
- One document for podcast details
- Why WordPress.com for podcasting?
- Learn how to launch a podcast
- Post-Launch Strategy
- Library of learning resources
- Solid Colors Available
- Men & Women
- All Sizes
- Lightweight, Classic T-Shirt
Tools & Services
Audible.com: I go through a lot of audiobooks.
Libby: Free audiobooks from your local library
Mike’s Picks: View some of my favorites
Business & Security
1Password: The best password manager. Period.
Authy: The awesome tool I use for 2-factor authentication
Backblaze: Peace of mind back-up. $7/month unlimited.
Bartender: Mac utility to keep Menu Bar Clean
Calendly: Scheduling tool that integrates with Google Calendar.
Daisy Disk Handy Mac app to recover disk space.
Ledger Nano X: Crypto Hardware Wallet
Google Workplace: A must-have for all businesses.
Nord VPN (61% off): Safe web browsing on public WiFi.
Text Expander: Snippet Tool using keyboard shortcuts
Transmit 5: FTP Mac app I use to access the backend of websites.
Trust & Will: Create a Digital Will (10% off following link)
Creator Tools (Adobe)
Adobe Creative Cloud: My ‘everything’ creative toolbox
- After Effects: I use this to make animations and motion graphics.
- Audition: For all things recording and audio editing.
- Character Animator: Fun and powerful character animation tool
- Fresco: Digital painting & drawing app
- Illustrator: I use to create vector graphics
- InDesign: I use for podcast episode artwork
- Lightroom: My photo editor of choice
- Photoshop: My go-to digital creativity tool
- Premiere Pro: When I get ‘serious’ about a video.
Ecamm Live: My new favorite live-streaming and multi-purpose tool.
OBS: Free open-source live-streaming software I use for testing and backup
Music & Stock Footage
Envato Elements: Unlimited downloads of amazing creative assets
Epidemic Sound: Where I get music for videos & live-streaming
Domestika: Library of online courses.
LinkedIn Learning: The former Lynda.com
SkillShare: Great resource for learning new skills.
Teachable: The platform for my online courses.
Pen & Paper
Muji Gel Pens: My favorite all-purpose pens.
Sharpie Felt Tip: I like having these around
Sakura Micron: Excellent Pens. They make me feel artsy.
Moleskine Cahier Journals (3-pack): Love the size and soft cover.
Midori Notebooks: Simple & small. Nice paper.
Audition: For all things recording and audio editing.
Auphonic: Great finishing tool to ‘sweeten’ audio + match loudness standards.
BuzzSprout: My podcast host. Top-notch support & tutorials.
Descript: The transcription tool I use for podcasting.
Bartender 4: Keep your menu bar clean when recording screen.
Reflector 4: Wireless share my iPhone & iPad screens for tutorials.
Screenflow: The screen-casting tool I use for all of my tutorials.
Writing & Productivity
Apple Notes: My brain-dump Inbox.
Bear: Great for markdown and formatted notes
CleanShot X: Great Mac-only utility for taking screenshots.
DayOne: Journaling App
Medium: The internet blog where I write how-to articles
MindNode: Mind-mapping utility
Notion: The all-purpose tool I use to create cheatsheets, checklists, SOPs, etc.
ProCreate: The best iPad app for creating digital artwork. Hands down
Scrivener 3: Writing app of choice.
Storyboarder: Free storyboarding app that’s pretty awesome for organizing tutorials and classes.
Things 3: My to-do app of choice and tutorial idea bank
Ulysses: Writing app. Excellent, but Scrivener is my favorite.
Divi by Elegant Themes: The incredible WordPress theme I use.
GoDaddy: Where I buy way too many domains.
Pretty Links: Plugin I use to create branded affiliate links.
SiteGround (Hosting): My website host. Highly recommend.
Sucuri: Firewall & Malware protection for website.
WordPress.Org: The CMS I use for my website.
Podcasting & Audio Gear
- Acoustic Foam Tiles (12-pack) 12x12x2 (Amazon)
- Canare L-4E6S Star Quad XLR Cables (Amazon | BH Photo)
- Cloud Microphones CloudLifter CL-1 Mic Activator (Amazon)
- Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 3rd Gen USB Audio Interface (Amazon)
- Headphone Hook Holder Hanger Mount (Amazon)
- MEE audio M6 PRO Musicians’ In-Ear Monitors ( Amazon)
- OnStage Microphone Ball-head Accessory (Amazon)
- On-Stage 6″ Microphone Gooseneck (Amazon)
- RODE PSA 1 Microphone Boom Arm (Amazon)
- RODECaster Pro Cover (B&H Photo)
- RODECaster Pro Audio Interface (Amazon)
- RodeCaster Pro XLR Colored Rings (B&H Photo)
- Samson Q2U USB/XLR Dynamic Microphone (Amazon)
- Shure SM7B Vocal Dynamic Microphone for Broadcast (Amazon)
- Shure SM58 Dynamic Microphone (Amazon)
- Shure Extension Tube for SM7B Mics (Amazon)
- Shure Mic Clip for SM57/58/86/87-by- (Amazon)
- Shure Replacement Windscreen for SM7B (Amazon)
- Sony MDR-7506 Headphones (Amazon)
- Zoom H6 Handy Recorder (Amazon)
Photo, Video & Lighting
- Aputure 120D II LED Light (Amazon)
- Aputure Accent B7c LED Smart Bulb 7W (Amazon)
- Aputure Amaran AL-MC LED Lights x2 (Amazon)
- Aputure Lantern Softbox (2.2′) (Amazon)
- Aputure Light Dome II Softbox (Amazon)
- BenQ Monitor Light (Amazon)
- Canon EOS M50 Mark II + 15-45mm Lens (Amazon)
- Canon M50 ‘Dummy’ Batter (Amazon)
- Canon EF-M 22mm f2 STM (Amazon)
- Elgato Green Screen (Amazon)
- Impact Rolling Light Stand (B&H Photo)
- Jusmo Camera Desk Mount (Amazon)
- Logitech Brio 4K Webcam (Amazon)
- Lume Cube Edge LED Desk Light (Amazon)
- Manfrotto 244 Friction Magic Arm x2 (Amazon)
- Manfrotto 035RL Super Clamp (Amazon)
- Manfrotto LUMIMUSE 8 LED Light (Amazon)
- Neewer Quick Release Plate QR Clamp (Amazon)
- PEDCO Ultrapod 3 Lightweight Travel Tripod (Amazon)
- Philips Hue Premium Smart Bulbs (Amazon)
- Sigma 16mm f/1.4 Lens (Amazon)
- SmallRig Mini Ball Head (Amazon)
- Sony ZV-1F Vlogging Camera (Amazon)
- Sony ZV-1F ‘Dummy’ Battery (Amazon)
- Sony NP-BX1/M8 Lithium-Ion X Type Battery (Amazon)
- Wanby Articulating Friction Magic Arm (Amazon)
Tech & Accessories
- Anker Portable Charger Power Bank (Amazon)
- Anker USB C Charger (150W) (Amazon)
- Anker USB C Hub, 341 USB-C Hub (Amazon)
- Apple 14″ M1 Max MacBook Pro (Apple)
- Apple 10.9-inch iPad Air Wi-Fi 256GB (Apple)
- Apple Magic Keyboard + Number Pad (Amazon)
- Arris Surfboard S33 DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem (Amazon)
- BlackMagic Atem Mini Pro (Amazon)
- CalDigit Thunderbolt 4 Element Hub (Amazon)
- Dorobeen Compressed Air Duster (Amazon)
- Elgato Stream Deck (Amazon)
- Elgato 4K CamLink (Amazon)
- Felt Desk Pad (Amazon)
- Ergotron VESA Monitor Desk Mount (Amazon)
- GodSpin Vertical Laptop Stand for Desk (Amazon)
- iPhone Metal Tripod Mount (Amazon)
- iPhone Stand for MagSafe Charger (Amazon)
- iPhone Stand for MagSafe Charger (Amazon)
- Labeler (Self-Laminating) (Amazon)
- LG UltraFine 5K Display (Amazon)
- Logitech MX Masters Mouse (Amazon)
- Logitech MX Keys Mini for Mac (Amazon)
- Microphone Stand Rack Tray for StreamDeck (Amazon)
- Midori Notebook (Amazon)
- Moleskine Cahier Journal (Amazon)
- Muji Gel Ink Ball Point Pen (Amazon)
- Niimbot Label Maker Machine Tape (Amazon)
- OWC Thunderbolt 4 Dock (Amazon)
- Roost V3 Travel Laptop Stand (Amazon)
- Sakura Pigma Micron Fineliner Pens (Amazon)
- Samsung T5 Portable SSD 1TB (Amazon)
- Samsung T7 Shield 1TB SSD Drive (Amazon)
- Satechi Foldable Tablet Stand (Amazon)
- Satechi Mouse for MacBook Pro – M1 (Amazon)
- Satechi Eco-Leather Mouse Pad (Amazon)
- Scotch Heavy Duty Packaging Tape (Amazon)
- Tetzia Foldable Laptop Desk Stand (Amazon)
- Under Desk Cable Management Tray (Amazon)
- Wali Tray Desk Mount for RodeCaster Pro (Amazon)
- Whoosh! Screen Cleaner used in Apple Stores (Amazon)
Cables & More
- Alestor Surge Protector with USB Ports (Amazon)
- Antronix 2-Way Splitter…Xfinity Internet (Amazon)
- Apple Lightning to Digital AV Adapter (Amazon)
- Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter (Amazon)
- Apple USB-C to Magsafe 3 Cable (2 m) (Amazon)
- Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter (Amazon)
- Apple USB-C to USB Adapter x2 (Amazon)
- Apple USB-C to 3.5 mm Headphone Adapter (Amazon)
- Anker USB C to USB 3.0 for Logitech Brio (Amazon)
- Belkin Surge Power Strip Protector (Amazon)
- Cable Matters Ultra Thin HDMI Cable 2-pack (Amazon)
- Canon M50 II Dummy Battery (Amazon)
- Canon M50 II Micro HDMI to HDMI for (Amazon)
- Fender Deluxe 10′ Instrument Cable – Tweed (Amazon)
- Furman PST-6 Line Conditioner (Amazon)
- Rode USB-C to USB-C for RodeCaster Pro (B&H Photo)
- Rode TRRS to TRRS for RodeCaster Pro (Amazon)
- Smolink (25ft) Cat8 Ethernet Cable (Amazon)
- StarTech.com 6ft (2m) HDMI 2.1 Cable 8K (Amazon)
- StarTech.com 3ft USB C Cable Data Cable (Amazon)
- UGREEN HDMI Cable 4K Braided (Amazon)
- UNI USB C to Ethernet Adapter Hub (Amazon)
- UNI USB C to Ethernet Adapter (Amazon)
- LinkinPerk Y-Cable Splitter (3.5mm to 2x 1/4″ Mono) (Amazon)
- Zoom H6 (5v) AC DC Adapter Compatible with (Amazon)
- A Pilgrim’s Guide to the Camino de Santiago, John Brierly (Amazon)
- Another Roadside Attraction, Tom Robbins (Amazon)
- Anything You Want, Derek Sivers (Amazon)
- As The Crow Flies, Jeffrey Archer (Amazon)
- Atomic Habits, James Clear (Amazon)
- Awareness (Amazon)
- Bird by Bird, Anne Lamott (Amazon)
- Breakfast of Champions, Kurt Vonnegut (Amazon)
- Building A Story Brand, Donald Miller (Amazon)
- Camino de Santiago Village to Village Guide, Anna Dintaman (Amazon)
- Change Your Paradigm, Change Your Life, Bob Proctor (Amazon)
- Consider This, Chuck Palahniuk (Amazon)
- Crushing It, Gary Vaynerchuk (Amazon)
- Deep Work, Cal Newport (Amazon)
- Eat That Frog, Brian Tracy (Amazon)
- Effortless, Greg McKeown (Amazon)
- Essentialism, Greg McKeown (Amazon)
- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Hunter S. Thompson (Amazon)
- Getting Things Done, David Allen (Amazon)
- Healing Back Pain, John Sarno (Amazon)
- How To Podcast on WordPress. com, Mike Murphy (Amazon)
- How To Win Friends and Influence People, Dale Carnegie (Amazon)
- Ikigai,Hector Garcia (Amazon)
- Invisible Man, Ralph Ellison (Amazon)
- I Will Teach You To Be Rich, Ramit Sethi (Amazon)
- Jab, Jab, Right Hook, Gary Vaynerchuk (Amazon)
- Kafka on the Shore, Haruki Murakami (Amazon)
- Kane & Abel, Jeffrey Archer (Amazon)
- Make Your Bed, Admiral William H. McRaven (Amazon)
- Man’s Search For Meaning, Viktor Frankl (Amazon)
- Mastery, Robert Greene (Amazon)
- Never Split The Difference, Chris Voss (Amazon)
- Of Mice and Men, John Steinbeck (Amazon)
- One Hundred Years of Solitude, Gabriel Garcia Marquez (Amazon)
- On The Road, Jack Kerouac (Amazon)
- On Writing: A Memoir of a Craft, Stephen King (Amazon)
- Principles, Ray Dalio (Amazon)
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad, Robert T. Kiyosaki(Amazon)
- Saves the Cat! Writes a Novel, Jessica Brody (Amazon)
- Siddhartha, Herman Hesse (Amazon)
- Still Life With Woodpecker, Tom Robbins (Amazon)
- StoryWorthy, Matthew Dicks (Amazon)
- The 4-Hour Workweek, Tim Ferriss (Amazon)
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, Steven Covey (Amazon)
- The Alchemist, Paulo Coelho (Amazon)
- The Almanack of Naval Ravikant (Free)
- The Artist’s Journey, Steven Pressfield (Amazon)
- The Artist’s Way, Julia Cameron (Amazon)
- The Big Leap, Gay Hendricks (Amazon)
- The Catcher in the Rye, JD Salinger (Amazon)
- The Courage To Be Disliked, Ichiro Kishimi (Amazon)
- The Dharma Bums, Jack Kerouac (Amazon)
- The E-Myth Revisited, Michael Gerber (Amazon)
- The Four Agreements, Don Miguel Ruiz (Amazon)
- The Latte Factor, David Back (Amazon)
- The Minimalist Entrepreneur, Sahil Lavingia (Amazon)
- The Monkey Wrench Gang, Edward Abby (Amazon)
- The Old Man and The Sea, Ernest Hemingway (Amazon)
- The Power of Now, Eckhart Tolle (Amazon)
- The Psychology of Money, Morgan Housel (Amazon)
- The Road, Cormac McCarthy (Amazon)
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck, Mark Manson (Amazon)
- The Untethered Soul, Michael Singer (Amazon)
- The War of Art, Steven Pressfield (Amazon)
- Think & Grow Rich, Napoleon Hill (Amazon)
- To Kill A Mockingbird, Harper Lee (Amazon)
- Tools of Titans, Tim Ferriss (Amazon)
- Travels with Charley in Search of America, John Steinbeck (Amazon)
- Vagabonding, Rolf Potts (Amazon)
- Walden, Henry David Thoreau (Amazon)
- What to Say When You Talk to Your Self, Shad Helmstetter (Amazon)
- Wild, Cheryl Strayed (Amazon)
- You Are A Badass, Jen Sincero (Amazon)
- Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, Robert Pirsig (Amazon)