After Effects CC 2022: How To Reset Preferences
Solids Folder Basics
This tutorial is will show you how to reset the default preferences in Adobe After Effects CC 2022. This can sometimes help with troubleshooting if After Effects is not behaving as expected.
Resetting Preferences may reset some customizations you have made such as Composition Presets and Preference settings so before resetting preferences you may want to go into After Effects Preferences and Comp Presets and note any customizations you have made to make it easier to re-add after the reset.
Reset Preferences (Mac): Shift + Option + Cmd + Click
Reset Preferences (Win): Shift + Alt + Ctrl + Click
- 00:05 Intro: Reset AE Preferences
- 00:29 How to reset to default AE preferences
- 01:02 Dialog Box: Reset Preferences
- 01:16 Redo Home Screen Preferences & More
- 01:33 Composition Settings Reset
- 01:52 What about Animation Presets & Custom Workspaces?
- 02:14 Creative Cloud App: Uninstall
Adobe After Effects CC 2022 (Click To Try or Buy)
How To Reset Adobe After Effects Preferences
- Quit or Close Adobe After Effects
- Press Shift + Option + Cmd + Click (Mac) or Shift + Alt + Ctrl + Click (Windows)
- With the Keyboard shortcut pressed, click to open After Effects
- A dialog box will pop up asking for confirmation to delete the preference file
- Click ‘Continue’ to delete the preference file
- After Effects will open and with the default preferences
- Go to ‘Preferences’ and set any previous Preferences you had
Questions, Comments, Feedback?
My Gear List:
My Amazon Store:
My YouTube Channel: