After Effects CC 2022: How To Collect Files To One Footage Folder
This tutorial will show you how to generate project text file reports in Adobe After Effects CC 2022. Project text file reports include all of the details of an Adobe After Effects project including source file names and drive location, Comp & Pre-comp names, Effects and Fonts used. Reports could be very useful to share with team members or collaborators or for students to learn how a project is made.
Project Reports will be generated in the same drive location or folder as the After Effects project file.
Tutorial Mentioned in this video:
How To Collect Files:
00:00 What is this tutorial about?
00:20 Why is ‘Collect Files’ useful?
00:49 How To Collect Files
01:02 Dialog Box: Collect Files
01:17 Only Collect Files For Selected Comps
01:42 Check ‘Reveal collected project in finder when finished’
01:52 What does the Comment button do?
02:15 Enter Title & Save Footage Folder
02:30 Review Footage Folder
02:47 👍👍👍Cheers! 👍👍👍
Adobe After Effects CC 2022 (Click To Try or Buy)
How To Collect Files in Adobe After Effects CC 2022:
- Go to the top menu in After Effects
- Click on ‘File’
- Click on ‘Dependencies’
- Click on ‘Collect Files’
- Click ‘Save’
- Select ‘All’ in the drop-down menu for ‘Collect Source Files’
- Check the box ‘Generate Report Only’
- Check ‘Reveal collected project in finder when finished’
- Click the ‘Comments’ button
- Type a comment if you to save it in the text report
- Click on Save’
- Enter the title of the Report
- Click ‘Save’
- Review Footage Folder
- Double-click to open the Report in a text editor
- Zip/Compress Folder (optional)
- Ready to Share