Episode 37: The Instagram Show
- What is Instagram?
- How Do I use it?
- How can you use Instagram to promote your podcast?
Ask Mike Anything
Today’s Ask Mike Anything came via email from Vivian Carrasco from The Turning Inward, podcast: Question: What is the difference between all of the voice apps like Anchor, Clammr and which ones to you like? Answer: My two favorite audio apps for podcast marketing and promotion today are: Clammr (24-second soundbites)
Adobe Voice (Mix in photos/videos) Adobe Voice is now Adobe Spark Video (as of 5.19.16):
- Instagram was started in 2010
- Photo and video social media site for iOS and Android
- 400 million active users (up from 90 million just 3 years ago)Bought by Facebook for $1Billion dollars in 2012,
- 29% of the US population over 12 use Instagram
- More than 80 million photos are uploaded daily
- 3.5 Billion daily likes
- Photos no longer have to be square (any aspect ratio permitted)
- Videos up to 1 minute long
Why Do I Use Instagram?:
- Personal Creativity & Development
- For the love of Photography
How Do I Use Instagram?:
Related iOS Apps:
Adobe Post (as of 5.19.16, the app is now called Adobe Spark Post) Over Boomerang (by Instagram) Hyperlapse (by Instagram) VSCO (popular) Snapseed (great photo editor) PicsArt Photo Tip #1: I export photos to Instagram at 2048px by 2048px Photo Tip #2: The Dehaze Filter in Lightroom and Camera Raw is my secret sauce Done is Better Than Perfect: Don’t obsess over editing for Instagram.
Look at other’s hashtags and compile your own set Use Text Replacement shortcut to make adding hashtags easy My Main Hashtag Set: #Learn,#create,#moveforward,#unplugged, #onemanband, #podcaster, #podcasters, #podcasts, #howtopodcast, #podcastlife, #podcasting, #audio,#gear
- Search for people
- Search by clicking on hashtags
- Like, comment and just say hey to people.
Instagram for Podcaster’s Tips:
- Post regularly and be consistent with look or style
- Use the right hashtags
- Be social. Follow people. Like photos. And leave comments.
- Use Video. Snapchat, Boomerang & Hyperlapse or any video.
- Promote each episode on release date. Tag guests. Ask guests to promote.
- Use Instagram to find guests
- Interact with podcast hosts of shows you want to be a guest on
- Cross Promote on Other Channels
- Run Instagram Contests
Follow Mike On Instagram: instagram.com/mikeunplugged [wdi_feed id=”1″]
Questions, Comments, Feedback?
Complete Show Notes:
My Gear List:
My Amazon Store:
My YouTube Channel:
Buy My New eBook (How To Podcast on Wordpress.com)
Music: Life of Riley & Wallpaper (incompetech.com)
Amazon/Affiliate Disclosure:Mike Murphy LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.