ep100: The Century Show
Today I reflect, pat myself on the back and thank you for helping me get to Episode 100 of Mike Murphy Unplugged.
So, today I will share:
My favorite episodes?
My least favorite episodes?
Which episode has the most downloads?
What do I love about podcasting?
What do I less than love about podcasting?
What lessons I have learned from podcasting?
What does the future look like for Mike Murphy Unplugged?
Mike Murphy Unplugged went live on iTunes:
Friday September 25, 2015.
Why Did I Start?:
I created the show simply to help me figure things out for myself and to give me an outlet to teach and create content around the topics that I love to learn and share with others.
By teaching and sharing my journey and process of building an online business and brand I knew that I would eventually find my own voice and put the pieces of the puzzle together while simultaneously helping and inspiring others trying to do the same thing.
Every Friday morning at 12:15 am
Newsletter every Friday morning at 6:00 am
People who listen to your podcast build you into their routine. Honor that.
My favorite episodes?
Episode 1 About Mike: I worked hard on that episode and thought it was good.
Episode 17, 18 & 70 The Roadmap Shows
They made me think about my business and goals
Episode 56: The Adobe Audition Show: Mostly because the head of Audition, Durin Gleaves, emailed to tell me the whole Audition listened. #Bam
Episodes 57 & 58: The Audio 101 Shows
I simplified a lot of audio terms and thought they would help people who may be too embarrassed to ask about the basics
All of the Mobile Podcasting Shows (48, 50,52):
From the nude beach under the Golden Gate Bridge
On the beach here in Naples
Pure fun for me pushing the limits of gear & tech and I also thought they would inspire and motivate new podcasters intimidated by recording mobile audio.
Episode 94: The Dead Show. It made me happy and I enjoyed it.
Least Favorite: Hardware heavy episodes
The Microphone Show
The Hardware Show
The most downloaded show:
Episode 83: The Personal Brand Show (Part 2). The only show to get over 1,000 downloads
What I love about podcasting?
Figuring out how to use the gear and it felt really cool to have equipment that allowed me to basically have my own internet radio show from my bedroom.
I love the act of creating a meaningful body of work. I look at my podcast as my journal or portfolio and it is one of the best perks of podcasting for me.
I also love the accountability. My podcast has been a pillar for me and I like have to show up week after week. It makes me stronger and disciplined.
Pat on the back moment:
Since episode 1, I have created and uploaded at least one piece of content every single day.
What I less than love about podcasting?
Writing the script each week is my least favorite thing by a long shot.
I know people in the podcast space are anti-scripts, but fortunately I am not easily influenced.
Do your thing, always.
So What Lessons have I learned from podcasting?
Podcasting has not made me rich with money, but rich in knowledge and skills (audio, video, tech, design, creativity and business…)
Podcasting has helped me become a better communicator, teacher and writer.
Podcasting has given me a new sense of Confidence and self-awareness and many other self-development adjectives.
Podcasting has helped me make some really good connections with people. There have been a small group of people who have been supporters since the very beginning and I thank you with all I have.
What does the future look like for Mike Murphy Unplugged?
Much of the same. Sharing my journey and processes while I make a dent in the universe. Episodes may be shorter or less dense, but still working out the kinks.
Thank you for joining me on this special episode 100.
Here’s to the next 100.
My weekly newsletter always has one quote and a bunch of useless but fun trivia. (sign-up also below the quotes :D)
The 100 Quotes:
- Education is what remains after one has gotten what one has learned in school
- The harder I work, the luckier I get.
- Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
- Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
- Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will.
–George Bernard Shaw
- When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.
– Lao Tzu
- If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail
- There are many ways of going forward, but only one way of standing still.
– Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can do what others can’t.
– Jerry Rice
- Try not to become a person of success. Rather become a person of value.
- The two most important days of your life are the day you were born and the day you discovered why.
- We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give
- Don’t wish it were easier, wish you were better.
- Perfection is not attainable, but if you chase perfection, you can catch excellence.
- You can’t stop someone who knows where they’re going.
- Well begun is half done.
- Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.
– Dr. Seuss
- Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance, you must keep moving
- Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are usually the ones who do
- I have never had clarity. I have only ever had trust.
- We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
- It is never too late to be what you might have been.
- Never mistake activity for achievement
–Coach John Wooden
- It’s good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters in the end.
- The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.
- Success is like yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
- The harder I work, the more luck I seem to have
- Motivation is what gets you started, habit is what keeps you going
- Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
- The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.
- There are no traffic jams along the extra mile.
- Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.
- You can’t build a reputation on what you are going to do.
- Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever
- What one does easily, one does well
- Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.
- Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won’t expect it back.
- We can’t control the sea, but we can learn to surf the waves.
- We don’t see the world as it is, we see it as we are.
- If you don’t know where you are going, every road will get you nowhere
- If you don’t know where you are going, you’ll end up somewhere else.
- I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
- The nature of man is always the same, it is their habits that separate them.
- Knowledge is the antidote
–Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Necessity is the mother of taking chances
– Mark Twain
- Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked,
while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.
– Bruce Le
- Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.
- If you can’t, you must. If you must, you can.
– Tony Robbins
- Practice like you’ve never won, play like you’ve never lost
– Mithilesh Chudgar
- The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
- Some people feel the rain, others just get wet
– Bob Dylan
- The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.
– Joseph Campbell
- Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.
–Henry David Thoreau
- Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
– Pablo Picasso
- When you’re finished changing, you’re finished.
- And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.
- I am still learning.
–Michelangelo, at age 87
- It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.
- Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
- We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.
- An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves.
– Bill Vaughn
- An ant on the move does more than a dozing ox.
- There is no way to happiness — happiness is the way
– Thich Nhat Hanh
- An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
- Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.
- Do or do not. There is no try.
- Well begun is half done
- It’s the job that’s never started that takes longest to finish
- Be great in act, as you have been in thought.
– Jean Paul
- It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts.
– John Wooden
- A penny saved is a penny earned.
– Benjamin Franklin
- If you want to awaken all of humanity, awaken all of yourself.
– Lao Tzu
- Deal with the big while it’s still small.
- The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
- When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven’t.
- Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
– Dalai Lama
- The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.
- You don’t have to see the whole staircase. Just take the first step.
- A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor.
–Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.
– John D. Rockefeller
- One finds limits by pushing them.
- Even if you are on the right track, You’ll get run over if you just sit there.
- What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?
–Robert H. Schuller
- Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons.
– Woody Allen
- Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it don’t matter.
- Yesterday, you said tomorrow.
- Creativity Is Intelligence Having Fun.
- Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
- Why fit in when you were born to stand out?
- If you focus on what you left behind, then how can you see what lies ahead?
–Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille
- Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams
talk you out of going after yours.
- Patience is the companion of wisdom.
- It doesn’t matter where you start. Only that you begin.
- The secret to happiness is freedom. And the secret to freedom is courage.
- The journey is the reward.
- Be the change you wish to see in the world.
- It is not the load that breaks you down. It’s the way you carry it.
- Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
- The best way to predict the future is to create it.
- Remember to celebrate milestones as you prepare for the road ahead.
Questions, Comments, Feedback?
My Gear List:
My Amazon Store:
My YouTube Channel:
Leave a ratings & review (if you already did, thanks)
Buy My New eBook (How To Podcast on Wordpress.com)
Music: Life of Riley & Wallpaper (incompetech.com)
Amazon/Affiliate Disclosure:Mike Murphy LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Good show as always
Congratulations on the milestone