After Effects CC 2022: How To Use Compositing Options for Effects
This tutorial will show you how to use Interpret Footage to extend the duration of imported footage in Adobe After Effects CC 2022.
You have imported a 5-second looping texture animation mp4 video file, but you want to extend the duration so you can use it as a background for the entire 30-second composition. No problem.
Project Panel: Cmd/Ctrl + Zero
Adobe After Effects CC 2022 (Click To Try or Buy)
How To Add Compositing Options to Layers in Adobe After Effects CC 2022:
- Create a new composition
- Add Footage
- Select Layer in the layers panel
- Select Pen Tool (G)
- Draw Mask by clicking around the region and close the mask by clicking on the first point
- Add Effects (in this tutorial I used Curves, Hue & Saturation, Mood Lighting-Amorphous)
- Go to Layers Panel
- Twirl open properties and look for Effects
- Twirl open each effect added and look for ‘Compositing Options’
- Click on the ‘+’ icon to isolate the effect to the Mask
- Select or Confirm the Mask you created is selected in the drop-down menu
- Repeat adding ‘Compositing Options’ for each Effect & Preset added to the layer
Questions, Comments, Feedback?
My Gear List:
My Amazon Store:
My YouTube Channel: