After Effects CC 2022: How To Collect Files To One Footage Folder
This tutorial will show you how to Collect Files in Adobe After Effects CC 2022 to gather all imported assets and files into one Footage Folder. This is particularly useful for collaborating or working on a project with someone else or for archiving and organizing projects. Placing all footage in one Footage folder saved in the main project folder, this makes sure After Effects will not generate errors when the project is opened as it knows the location of the imported files and folders.
00:00 What is this tutorial about?
00:20 Why is ‘Collect Files’ useful?
00:49 How To Collect Files
01:02 Dialog Box: Collect Files
01:17 Only Collect Files For Selected Comps
01:42 Check ‘Reveal collected project in finder when finished’
01:52 What does the Comment button do?
02:15 Enter Title & Save Footage Folder
02:30 Review Footage Folder
Adobe After Effects CC 2022 (Click To Try or Buy)
How To Collect Files in Adobe After Effects CC 2022
- Go to the top menu in After Effects
- Click on ‘File’
- Click on ‘Dependencies’
- Click on ‘Collect Files’
- Click ‘Save’
- Click the drop-down menu for ‘Collect Source Files’ and select ‘All’
- Uncheck ‘Generate Report Only’
- Check ‘Reveal collected project in finder when finished’
- Click ‘Comments’ and type a message if you want to save it in the text report
- Click on ‘Collect’
- Enter the title of Footage Folder
- Click ‘Save’
- Review Footage Folder
- Zip/Compress Folder (optional)
- Ready to Share